Abuse of an individual can come in a number of different forms - domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, persecution through hate crime, honour based violence and stalking - all of which are unacceptable and should be reported to the police.

No one should suffer in silence and we have specially trained officers and staff to help victims through the process of reporting the crime, the investigation and following it through to the justice system .

We work closely with a variety of partner agencies to ensure victims are given the support and advice needed deal with the experience they have been through.

Here you will find information and advice on:

If you need an emergency police response, call Hampshire Constabulary on 999.

If you want to talk to us about a historic incident please call us on 101.

If you are a member of the Nepali community, please watch the following video which provides information on how to contact the emergency services: Nepali 999